Finally there’s a Mid-Century icon that’s made your way. The Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair with Wood Legs was first introduced in 1948. Designed by a legendary husband and wife design duo, it stole the show at MoMA’s International Competition for Low-Cost Furniture Design. The chair’s organic shapes made it an extremely versatile addition to any home. It’s brilliantly simple design allowed for mass-production at a price equally comfortable as this magnificent chair. Over time their exhibited concept evolved into fiberglass, and their Molded Fiberglass Dowel-Leg Armchair (DFAW) was born. It became an instant hit, and embodied the bold design of the 20th and 21st centuries.
Inmod’s Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair with Wood Legs follows in the footsteps of this legacy with this premium reproduction. It accurately reflects the vision of Charles & Ray, & successfully brings the original design back to life. It’s fully stocked and ready to become part of your home. Choose between our wide variety of fiberglass & base colors. All the details that made the original a classic have been artfully preserved, with no expense spared.
- Accurate reproduction of the highest quality
- Molded fiberglass shell available stocked in white & black in both matte & glossy finishes
- Stocked in a stainless steel base with FSC-certified solid American Walnut legs
- Fully customizable and can be ordered in a dozen seat colors, in matte & glossy finishes, with white or black powder-coated steel frame and your choice of American Walnut, American Maple or American Oak legs
- Non-slip feet provide added stability and are safe on delicate floors
- Suitable for home & contract use